Thursday, December 9, 2010

LEGALIZING THE GREEN

 
   I agree with legalizing marijuana. Jadamsark from the blog “living around reds makes me blue”, makes a lot of great points to leallize the green. Why not? Like he says by buying and taxing weed the state would raise a substantial amount of revenue that Texas is desperately seeking to close the gap in our budget shortfall. We all know that the Medicaid program is very important to a lot of folks and by no means be dropped. I say this because I have a few family members on Medicaid and they dearly need that program.
   I don’t personally use marijuana, but I know some people that do for medical reasons. They tell me helps with some of the pain, but are afraid of getting caught with and facing serious charges. With that being said I strongly believe in at least legalizing marijuana for medical purpose, just like in Cali. If we were to make weed legal for recreational purposes we have to change the process in how we get hired for jobs and such. They obviously drug test future employees before we are hired. People are biased towards weed, but not so much against alcohol. More people die under the influence of alcohol than marijuana by a landslide. However, we are not going to make alcohol illegal because of the money the state profits off of it and its taxes. Also like he says the Texas would generate 14 billion dollars over the next 2 years, half the projected deficit. So economically it would make sense especially to all these powerful rich folks that look and care about money. If I was in congress I would be impressed and somewhat persuaded by his blog and at least give this some kind of consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment